* Provides release of information services * Performs main file activities * Performs chart assembly and discharge analysis * Performs department receptionist/secretary duties
* Prepares medical legal files for risk management cases, court ordered and/or subpoenaed records * Maintains knowledge of laws relating to policies and procedures relating to release of information (e.g. HIPAA, etc.) * Provides routine reports to the HIM Director regarding volumes, productivity, and other daily events * Maintains patient records and master patient index in an accurate manner * Reviews and ensures timely collections of ROI accounts receivables * Manages front desk and coordinates communication between customers and service providers in HIM
* High School diploma or equivalent * Medical secretary certification or Health Information Management courses preferred
* Must be able to communicate in the English language through verbal, written, and reading skills * Must be adept at communicating with individuals, aged pediatric through geriatric * Must have excellent customer service skills * Must be very organized and have great attention to detail
* Previous Health Information Management experience preferred * Health Information Management Certification preferred
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.