The New York Public Library's Human Resources Department is responsible for providing leadership and direction in the planning and implementation of quality integrated human resources programs for a staff of over 2,600. The HR team is committed to providing centralized support to the Library management and staff in the areas of labor and employee relations,recruitment, selection and retention, wellness, compensation, and professional development. We create and implement programs to increase organizational effectiveness; we design and deliver fair, competitive wellness and compensation programs, and work to serve our employees.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources, the Executive Assistant independently manages and provides day-to-day operational and administrative support for the VP and the HR Leaders. The position serves as the primary point of contact for both internal and external contacts on all matters pertaining to the office. The incumbent researches, prioritizes, and performs integrated liaison and follow up regarding multiple issues and concerns (including those of a sensitive and/or confidential nature) on the VP's and Leaders' behalf. The Assistant develops and maintains various files, protocols and systems. Manages a variety of special projects, some or all of which may have organizational impact.
Reporting to the Vice President for Human Resources and supporting the HR team, the Executive Assistant will be:
* Responsible for all administrative needs of the Vice President and HR Leadership Team, including: * Maintaining the calendars of the VP and HR Leaders, anticipating necessary background material, directions and other items required for each activity on the schedule * Drafting and preparing presentations, spreadsheets, correspondence and emails as directed by the VP and Leaders * Handling travel arrangements * Preparing and processing travel and expense reports for the VP and Directors * Providing assistance in the preparation and distribution of Board Meeting material * Ordering and maintaining office supplies and equipment and coordinating team meetings * Managing and overseeing departmental expense budgets, petty cash and processing invoices for payment * Serving as the point person for information and materials distribution to internal departments and outside organizations * Creating, organizing and managing paper and electronic files with a goal towards developing a user-friendly paperless filing system * Updating and managing the department's online presence and sending all staff e-mails on behalf of the HR Department * Coordinating and executing special events, meetings and programs, and managing the scheduling of meeting spaces * Assisting with the coordination and rollout of various employee training, recognition and wellness programs * Serving as the departmental liaison for Finance, IT, Facilities and Security related issues, and for outside vendors * Management of conference spaces and serving as contact for internal and external partners * Responsible for maintaining and publishing the organizational charts * Assisting the Vice President and HR Leaders with special projects and other related duties as needed
Required Education & Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or a related field and 4+ years supporting senior executives; or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Impeccable written and oral communication skills * Excellent research, writing, editing and proofreading skills * Strong time management skills with the ability to handle multiple concurrent assignments with a high degree of accuracy and meet deadlines in a high pressure environment with minimal direction and guidance * Must be flexible, proactive, resourceful and efficient with a high level of professionalism and discretion * Strong customer service orientation with an ability to deal professionally and tactfully with all levels of staff and vendors * Superb organizational skills with strong attention to detail * Demonstrated analytical and decision making skills * Sound judgment and ability to handle sensitive/confidential matters with the utmost discretion * Intermediate or above level proficiency in Google products, as well as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Prior experience in a public library, cultural organization or non-profit organization preferred * Experience using Workday HRIS preferred
All team members are expected and encouraged to embody the NYPL Core Values:
* Be Helpful to patrons and colleagues * Be Resourceful in solving problems * Be Curious in all aspects of your work
* Office setting
* Limited physical effort is required
Starting Salary HoursMonday - Friday 35 hours per week Union / Non UnionNon Union
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.