The client needs someone to support their help desk. For more information see the job description and qualifications below:
The client's IT Service Desk provides level I technical support to internal employees \"associates\" and contractors. When these internal end users experience technical issues, they call into the IT Service Desk to receive telephone-based technical support services; troubleshoot various issues from Outlook troubleshooting, password reset, computer hardware (printer hardware) or software related issues. As an IT Service Desk Technician, you will follow documented call handling procedures to manage inbound contacts and document relevant information in a Service Management tool, while providing excellent customer service and technical support services.
The ideal candidate will be good at multi-tasking in many different applications, and possess the ability to comfortably type while talking. He/she should be able to control a conversation while expressing appropriate empathy and energy directed towards providing a technical solution for the caller.
Skills required include:
- Experience with a Service Management tool, such as HP Service Center or Service Now
- Experience using Remote Tools, such as Go To Assist or Citrix
- Experience troubleshooting network connectivity, including LAN, broadband and VPN, 802.11 wireless and cellular-based internet services (such as Verizon MiFi)
- Experience troubleshooting and using Windows based operating systems in a corporate environment
- Experience using and troubleshooting email applications, such as Outlook or Lotus Notes
- Experience using and supporting the use of smart phones for business, including the use of business email applications such as Good Mobile.
Under direct supervision, performs routine tasks associated with IT Operations. Tasks include monitoring and operating a computer in accordance with detailed instructions, provisioning and providing first tier technical support and assisting second tier support regarding computer operations and networks, installations, setups, error messages, on-line transactions, system status, and downtime procedures, etc. Participates in problem/change management activities to minimize impact of service disruptions on end users.
If interested apply or contact me directly at please include a copy of your updated resume and a short summary of why you're interested in the position.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.