ShopRite - Dairy Clerk
We are living our Purpose - To Care Deeply about People, Helping them to Eat Well and Be Happy. This Purpose guides everything we do and is why we are in business. We are using our service priorities - Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency to help us make decisions at work every day and are critical to the success of our business goals.
To deliver a great customer experience while pricing, stocking and rotating merchandise in the Dairy Department; to maintain a neat, clean and visually appealing department, and to perform other tasks as required in an efficient and safe manner, within Company policy.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
The minimum required qualifications for of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Ability to proficiently read, write, speak, analyze, interpret, and understand the English language.
* Ability to perform basic math.
* Ability to stand/walk for the duration of a scheduled shift.
* Ability to stand, bend, twist, reach, push, pull and regularly lift 25 lbs., and occasionally lift 50 lbs.
* Ability to work in varying temperatures.
* Ability to work with fresh, dried and/or processed products, spices and powdered substances without negative allergic consequences.
* Ability to climb a ladder to retrieve items from overhead racking and storage areas.
* Ability to work in refrigerated coolers and high moisture rooms for extended periods of time.
* Ability to tolerate dust and cleaning agents during routine housekeeping duties.
* Ability to interact with Customers in a friendly and helpful way.
* Ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Ability to work all assigned work schedules and comply with all time and attendance policies.
Essential Job Functions:
Performance of the essential functions of this position require the Associate to possess the minimum qualifications listed above. These functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Maintain a clean, neat, organized and safe work environment.
* Clean and sanitize all work surfaces, utensils and equipment in accordance with Department of Sanitation and QA standards.
* Keep floor clear of debris and spills.
* Regularly lift, pull, push and rotate merchandise that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Unload trucks and transport merchandise to Dairy Department that weights 25 lbs. and that occasionally weights 50 lbs.
* Stand in designating work area for duration of scheduled shift, which may exceed 8 hours per day.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Local, State and Federal regulations as they pertain to the Dairy operation.
* Dress and groom according to company policy including uniform, name badge and hat or hair restraint requirements.
* Perform duties in accordance with QA hand washing standards and use disposable gloves when handling food.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Greet all Customers and provide them with prompt, courteous service and assistance.
* Assist Dairy Manager as needed.
* When required, price items accurately and legibly using approved price marking devices.
* Ensure that featured sale merchandise is attractively signed to stimulate sales.
* Accurately record markups and markdowns, in-store use of merchandise, and bad merchandise/ spoilage write offs in accordance with Company policies.
* Maintain Unit Price Labels (Tags) for all items, doing price changes as required.
* Check prices and be knowledgeable about location of items in the store.
* Promote for sale any current charitable promotions to Customers.
* Validate deliveries to invoice documents and utilize the receiving log, placing signed invoices in appropriate area.
* Fully stock and rotate all Dairy merchandise in cases, shelves and other applicable displays according to tag allocation and department standards.
* Unload and secure received product in appropriate refrigerated storage areas using power or hand jack, carts, u-boats or bossies as needed.
* Block and face all products in accordance to company policy or as assigned.
* Be alert to temperatures and operating condition of refrigerated storage areas and display cases; promptly communicate any problems or failure to key person in charge.
* Be knowledgeable of the various types of Dairy products; including taste, preparation method or use, price differences, etc.
* Utilize CGO to maintain and order merchandise to keep product in stock, including using Hand Held Terminal.
* Utilize and maintain equipment as required by Department; report any equipment problems immediately
* Maintain required communication within the department and Company.
* Perform all duties in accordance with Company rules, policies, safety requirements, and security standards and all Local, State and Federal health and civil code regulations.
* Perform duties in accordance with the Company's HAZCOM program and adhere to manufacturer's label instructions for the safe and proper use of all chemical products.
* Complete all applicable department training programs.
* Perform all duties in accordance with ShopRite Service Priorities (Safety, Friendliness, Presentation, and Efficiency).
* Understand and adhere to Company shrink guidelines as relates to Dairy Department operations.
* Maintain punctual and regular attendance.
* Work overtime as assigned.
* Work cooperatively with others.
* Must be 18 years or older to operate balers, hi-lo's, power jacks, and slicing machines.
* Perform other duties as assigned.
Important Disclaimer Notice:
The above statements are only intended to represent the essential job functions and general nature of the work being performed and are not exhaustive of the tasks that an Associate may be required to perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require Associates to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change. This job description is not a guarantee of employment.