Global Product Development (GPD) supports clinical development across Pfizer and late stage development of medicines across therapeutic areas. Every year, we partner with thousands of participants, health systems and their healthcare professionals around the world in our work to bring new medicines to the patients that we serve.
Given that the experience of these partners and stakeholders is critical to our success in clinical trials, a new Clinical Trial Experience organization has recently been set up to support the organization in meeting key goals of recruitment, retention and reputation - with the ultimate ambition of becoming the partner of choice for our participants and sites based on our experience.
Reporting to the Head of Clinical Trial Experience, the Administrative Professional will provide administrative and operational support to the VP of the group and the team. He/she will be the point person on the team responsible for managing calendars and arranging travel, coordinating meetings, managing expenses and purchase orders, documenting and creating notes and minutes, and serving as administrative liaison to other departmentsROLE RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains calendars, accepts and declines appointments, anticipates conflicts, and resolves problems proactively.
- Coordinates activities for meetings and events including contingency planning, proactive problem solving (e.g., identifying external venues where required, ordering of food and AV equipment)
- Provides administrative support for meetings such as logistics, agenda development and distribution; coordinating, distributing and follow-up on minutes and actions
- Handles full spectrum of travel arrangements and itineraries including contingency planning and ad hoc issues management and expense reports
- Manages the SAP - Ariba purchase order requisitions for the team and expense tracking
- Independently plans and executes work to meet assigned objectives and helps other administrative colleagues during absences from the office or as backup when necessary
- Provides copying, faxing, scanning and printing support as well as facility requests and office supplies as needed
- Prepares reports and presentations on an as needed basis
- High school diploma required. BA degree a plus
- 5 years of related experience required.
- Proven experience supporting high level leaders in a fast-paced, matrixed organization.
- Demonstrates exceptional communication skills
- Demonstrates expert knowledge and proficiency with general office procedures such as telephone reception, customer service, e-mail etiquette, commonly used office software (e.g., Outlook, MS Office-Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Skilled in utilizing the Pfizer applications (Ariba, GIDM, etc.) and systems including but not limited to Teleconference and Video-conference Services
- Has expert knowledge of standard and Pfizer specific business supplies, equipment, and/or office services
- Proactively balances tasks, activities and priorities for self and others.
- Anticipates and resolves broad range of problems or conflicts; guides others in processes (e.g., meeting conflicts, overlapping deadlines, IT issues, team interactions and behaviors).
- Takes personal accountability for quality of own work that impacts the department and understands impacts of actions.Ensures accuracy of work and uses judgment to determine work methods in different situations.
Pfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider's name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment Eligibility
Pfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.
Posting close date: 03/20
N (Other) (United States of America)
Pfizer is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction in which it operates.
Associated topics: clinical, clinical development, clinical informatics, clinical trial, coordinator, lab, laboratory, research, research coordinator