Loews Hotels & Co is a leading owner and operator of luxury hotels with a portfolio consisting of 26 hotels and resorts in the United States and Canada. Located in major city centers and resort destinations from coast to coast, the Loews portfolio features one-of-a-kind properties that go beyond Four Diamond standards and embrace their \"uniquely local\" community in order to curate exciting, approachable and local travel experiences for guests.
The Group Billing Clerk serves within a high volume financial shared services environment supporting an exciting collection of hotel properties across North America. This team member validates, organizes, and sends the final invoice for all group and catering business at each of our hotels. Timeliness and accuracy of the work performed by the Group Billing Clerk is critical as this is often the last impression a valuable group client will have of the hotel and brand. Achievement of daily, weekly, and monthly excellence targets while delivering extraordinary customer service to our hotel teams and clients is of utmost importance. The Group Billing Clerk reports to the Billing Services Manager.
Job Specific Duties
* Upholds all company and industry standards pertaining to PCI compliance, guest confidentiality, and accounting best practices
* Uses hotel sales, financial, and property management systems to reconcile charges posted to group and catering master accounts
* Calculates contractual concessions owed and adjusts accordingly in property management system
* Researches and resolves missing or discrepant charges to ensure highest levels of billing accuracy
* Compiles final invoice for hotel group and catering functions for timely delivery to clients and third party planners
* Collaborates with other Billing Services and hotel team members to resolve guest billing disputes
* Maintains strong relationships with hotel Finance, Sales, Catering, and Conference Services team members to ensure client needs are understood and met
* Accountable for achievement of metrics and targets associated with the position. Regular attendance in conformance with standards
* May be required to work varying schedules to reflect business needs
* Required to attend all training sessions and meetings
* Other duties as assigned
* Ability to work cooperatively with others
* Ability to maintain confidentiality
* Ability to read, write and speak English effectively
* Ability to communicate effectively both written and verbally.
* Ability to work effectively, maintain composure and make decisions in stressful situations
* Ability to organize workload, adapt quickly to change, and deliver under the pressure of deadlines
* Ability to perform both standard and intermediate spreadsheet functions using Microsoft Excel
* Proficiency in windows-based computer programs to include e-mail, internet and word processing applications
* Strong computer skills and ability to learn new computer applications
* General knowledge of mathematics and accounting principles
* Education: High School Diploma or GED equivalent
* Experience: 1-2 years customer-facing work experience in a hospitality or finance environment
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.