* Acts as a receptionist by pleasantly greeting and directing visitors having business with the company
* Ensures that all visitors have temporary security identification and are escorted from the lobby into appropriate business area.
* Provides administrative support for specified individuals (e.g. opening mail, screening phone calls, photocopying, word processing, and filing).
* Supports department's efforts on scheduling activities (e.g. client visits, scheduling meetings, maintaining calendars, agendas, etc.) as needed.
* Creates FedEx packages, makes photocopies and stuffs envelopes.
* Maintains an employee contact list.
* Sorts departmental mail, orders office supplies (including paper for copy machines and fax machines), and helps to keep the copy and mail rooms neat and clean.
* Initiates service calls for required office equipment repairs.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent
* 2-3 years of applicable experience.
* Knowledge of science or a scientific background is preferred.