Our Administrative Assistant is responsible to the H.S.A./Department Head for the completion of various office clerical assignments. Coordinates personnel and medical reports and files, interrelates and works effectively with all levels of authority.
- High school diploma or G.E.D.
- General knowledge of office practices and procedures
- Computer skills with an emphasis on spreadsheets and word processing
- Formal secretarial training and medical terminology knowledge desirable
- Receive and direct all incoming calls on a multi extension telephone. Assure messages are accurately relayed to staff when they are away from the office. Bring messages to the appropriate desk.
- Receive and distribute incoming mail following procedures outlined.
- Assure outgoing mail is distributed appropriately on daily basis.
- Receive and distribute claims.
- Respond to and provide follow-up for Provider/Vendor inquiries as requested.
- Fax approvals/denials for Formulary Exceptions/Outpatient Referrals to appropriate destinations as requested. Assure faxes are received.
- Assure expense reports from the facilities contain the appropriate documentation. Forward to the Corporate office once approval is obtained from the Executive Vice President or designee.
- Order and receive office supplies following Accounts Payable Guidelines. All Purchase Orders are to be approved by the Executive Vice President.
- Maintain a filing system. Make necessary updates to files, and modify filing system to accommodate changes in the conduct of the business affairs of the office.
- Maintain credentialing log.
- Receive all site meeting minutes and forward copies as appropriate.
- Prepare Continuing Education Unit(s) certificates as directed and maintain CEU training binder for all employees.
- Perform overflow typing as needed.
- Open to all Staff for completion of various clerical assignments to assure continuity of services.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain security clearance.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations.
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details.
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis.
- Post orders, if applicable, per site contract.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
CCS is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer