Bischof & Bischof LLP is a small, active, boutique law firm specializing in estate planning and estate administration. Located in midtown Manhattan, we have been serving clients? estate planning needs since 2005.
Bischof & Bischof LLP is seeking a full-time Executive Assistant, who will also be responsible for limited office management and human resources duties. The employee will be expected to work 40-45 hours a week, with a regular schedule of Monday through Friday.
As an employee of Bischof & Bischof LLP, you will assist in administration, client meetings, and take part in strategic meetings for the firm. You will gain an ample amount of exposure to the workings of a small law firm, to the legal work that goes into estate planning and administration. You will regularly participate in working meetings with clients.
- Acting as head of client customer service by guiding clients through the established estate planning process step-by-step, contacting them as needed, scheduling conference calls and meetings, sending email reminders, generating and mailing hardcopy documents, etc.;
- Answering the phone and directing calls as needed;
- Scheduling appointments with clients and prospects;
- Maintaining prospective client tracking on GoogleDocs;
- Setting-up and organizing new client files;
- Setting-up meeting space; greeting and seating clients;
- Preparing various documents from templates; reviewing for accuracy/completeness;
- Maintain client tracking on Google Docs, Excel, and Outlook;
- Assembling estate plan binders for clients;
- Generating bills and managing accounts receivable, including payment follow-up;
- Processing payroll and coordinating the payroll service provider if needed;
- Assisting in employee hiring, including conducting candidate interviews, on-boarding, training and assisting in new hire integration;
- Participate in strategic networking meetings and executing a course of actions following a networking event;
- Identifying and evaluating targets and curating networking events;?
- Monitoring and ordering office supplies, as needed;
- General administration office work such as filing, copying, scanning, trips to the bank and post office.
Position Type: Full-time, regular, non-exempt (minimum 40 hours per week)Positions Available: One (1)Location: New York, NYSalary: Commensurate with experience and industry standards. This position is benefits eligible, with paid time off and paid holidays.
Reports to: CEO
Start Date: Immediate
Travel Type: Infrequent
A strong candidate will have the following required prior experience, skills and dispositions:
- Have successfully completed a Bachelor?s degree;
- Meticulously detail-oriented, with the ability to ensure accuracy and high quality across multiple responsibilities;
- A Notary Public license or willingness and eligibility to become a Notary Public within three months of your date of hire, with the Firm will covering all costs associated with obtaining a license;
- A superb communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to quickly and naturally draft correspondence, and have a demonstrated ability to write and edit adeptly;
- Take pride in consistently being personable and presentable, with a demonstrated pleasant phone demeanor both answering and placing calls;
- Demonstrated ability to successfully handle sensitive and confidential information;
- High emotional intelligence, with the ability to understand clients? needs/concerns/objectives and to manage them with sensitivity and compassion;
- Ability to handle client matters in a timely and responsive way, with discretion and good judgment regarding what needs to be communicated, when and how;
- Comfortable managing multiple responsibilities at once, and prioritizing amongst them with ease;
- Able to type at least 60 words per minute, and possess strong working knowledge of Google/G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Tech-savvy, with good working knowledge of PCs, printers, and scanners;
- Ability to learn new things quickly, especially web-based softwares and apps;
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative without direct supervision;
- Able to not only do the work, but also think about how it could be better and more efficient;
- Ability to manage time effectively and prioritize work flow, especially to provide quick turnaround on timely client needs, such as priority documents or phone calls;?
- Calm under pressure and unflappable in the face of timely or urgent requests; and
- An openness to constructive, supportive feedback and a commitment to consistently improve.
The ideal candidate will also have the following preferred prior experience skills and dispositions:
- Experience working in a law firm or other professional services firm is a plus;
- Working knowledge of Quickbooks a plus;?
- Experienced in working for multiple executives or projects at one time; and
- Experienced in an entrepreneurial environment, preferably within the first five years of a company.
Due to the volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond personally to every applicant. Bischof & Bischof LLP carefully reviews each application within one month of application receipt. If you do not hear from us within this time, we encourage you to apply again for another position in the future, and thank you for your interest in Bischof & Bischof LLP. Bischof & Bischof LLP is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, disability, sex, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information, national origin, race, religion or any other protected class.