Collects, manages and provides resolution of outstanding invoices on customer accounts. Responsible for applying customer payments and recording other cash deposits as well as filing and storage of records. Interacts with branch personnel and other A/R associates to resolve invoices to payment as close to payment terms as possible.
Research unidentified cash receipts
Apply O/A (on account balances)
Allocate incoming payments
Research and resolve payment discrepancies
Process manual journal entries
Process daily receipts ensuring prompt and accurate recording of payments to customer accounts; including all lockbox, ACH and credit card payments.
Research and address unapplied and unallocated receipts.
Reconcile daily cash receipts against appropriate GL.
Review open accounts for collection effort.
Coordinate collection efforts with branch managers.
Set up repayment plans according to ability to pay.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill.
- Exceptional interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Must have attention to detail with an eye for accuracy.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word and Access
- Natural Alignment with the Company Culture and Core Values
- Education: Associates Degree in Accounting or Business, preferred
- Experience: 1-2 years A/R and cash application experience preferred
Loading some great jobs for you...